Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Good to be back...

In canada that is. As you may or may not know I was in mexico for a week and a bit with my youth group. We had a great time building relationships, houses and even going to the beach. We went down to mexico primarily show God's blessings in our life and try to show it to other christian/non-christian families. It was really rewarding to see the thanks we got from our family that we built for. THere was 3 groups and we all built double houses which are still small houses, but better than what they had. We all made beds to suit the number of people in their house, bought them a propane stove thingy and even added electrical to the house. We had lots of work to do, but got our house done in 4 days. It was really fun to work with the guys I worked with. I may have pictures in upcoming blogs.

Funny story about my camera and why I dont have pictures on here, its because my camera got sand in it from the beach when we were in mexico. I put my camera in Alissa's bag, and some how the sand got in my camera, and now some of the buttons dont work and even the shutter/zoom dont open. Its quite sad. Also my billabong watch which I got on my 16th birthday and has been my best friend since then decided to stop working when it got sand in it. Oh well I already have a new watch from slave labor walmart. Good name for that place.

Other news Michelle my cousin who has been living with us for the past while and using up the third room in our house finally moved out. It was a mutual agreement to leave, and she is living at her boyfriend's cousin's house. It was kinda sad not to see her here anymore, but I know she is fine somewhere else. When she moved out curtis moved back upstairs, and we both got queen size beds. Its nice to be able to finally stretch out. I was sleeping on what I believe is a twin mattress forever. Have you seen how big I am? I dont even know how big a twin is, but its barely enough to hold me. SO that is interesting. Finally having my own room after like just about 2 years of living with curtis :S. Its been hard. He is so messy haha.

Yesterday I went job hunting. It was pretty disheartening as being the fourth time I have dropped off resume's for an apprenticeship as an electrician. The electrician/get my life on track bug was really wanting me to try again. So just as I got back from Mexico, I thought I am going to really try and get an apprentice so that I can go to school in the fall. It also helped the Triple M were being asses and putting me on nights still which means I cant go to church on sunday nights, go out for wing wednesday, and even go to Coram Deo. Sad eh? But this can all change. Anywho back to my disheartening time or was it. I go to about 7 or 8 places, and nothing. Everyone is hiring later, or not looking which is all their stories. But this time was different. Deltec one of the companies in the industrial section is looking for apprentices, and so I applied there. The owner (that is right owner) talked to me about my experience with electrical, when I can quit triple m, and about other things. He also wanted me to bring by some references, which looks very promising. This is the break I have been looking for. I am looking forward to going back to school and apprentice.

So that is what has been happening since January 13th, so sorry to keep you waiting benj...I know its been a long schlong time. Well I will have pictures of mexico and other fun stuff later guys.

V for Vengeance

2 comments:

Janice said...

Hey Kyle, im glad you had a good time in Mexico! i always wished i had gone on something like that, it is so easy to take for granted what we have, especially if you never see how third world countries live!
Good to hear that you are trying to get an apprentice as an electrician. i have a buddy who works as an electrician and he really loves it (and the money is good) if your job prospects dont pan out i can maybe get him to talk to his work. he works for newco i believe. let me know! and good luck! ps missed you at Oma's b-day party
take care Kyle

Janice said...

i meant nulite or newlite not newco. :)