Monday, September 04, 2006

Summer Antics

So I hope you all had a good summer, this is the last post and day before school starts for younger siblings and most of my friends and just everyone in general. As you can see from previous posts, I dont have any plans for school at this moment, I know next year though I will be going somewhere.

SO I hope all of you had a good summer. I had way too much fun for more then one summer in mine. I hung out with friends, volunteered in Oliver BC (next to osoyoos), went camping for a long weekend and worked at western wats (the worst job in the world). It was all good, late nights, long days, hot days, fun times.

If you are ever in the area of Oliver BC, i suggest that you try and get to the Okanagan Gleaners. This is a place that makes soup mixes for third world countries, or places that need it. So me and my youth group, and my amazing girl friend Alex went. We worked with many of the regulars and a 20 year old named steve. We worked in 4 hours in the morning and then in the afternoon we went swimming, to the waterpark in penticton, and just took it easy in the afternoon. It was hot and some days smokey, and we all had a fun time. In the evening we ahd fires, and had devotions. It was very fun and I suggest everyone try it. There is free camping there and we slept in a prune tree orchard.

Also this summer we meaning me, alex, brian, kevin s, mike b, and michelle s all went to Writing on Stone. Kevin was really bummed out cause there was no writings on the stones. There was writing on some stone that was on the other side of the river and in this different area, but we never got around to seeing it. WE went floating down the river, wrecked a dinghy, ran in the hoodoos, kevin ripped the ass outta his best khakis, and we just had fun all around. The alright but kinda down side, is that my mom came out there to see me. Haha it was nice, she gave us money for the store out there, and we all got a nice treat. We got yelled at the first night by the park ranger, and had a good laugh at his expense.

So those are the major things I did this summer. I also went to a concert with my brother in calgary. We got lost many times in calgary, and almost couldnt get our tickets from the ticket office, but my name was on the order form on the coputer and we got a written letter from my mom and we also had her credit card. We had all our bases covered but almost didnt get them. It was good we saw someone from western wats there and her cousin and we were right in the front. It was so fun, but I got hit in the face in the mosh pit, and tried to push that guy over in the circle. It hurt like hell, but I got through it and he really didnt mean too. He also had a twin brother who was there and alot more sane then he was. It was a great concert but on the ride home I was nodding off, and I dont remember driving home from fort macleod to coalhurst. I tried everything like cold a/c on my face, loud music, but I still nodding off. It was scary for me and my brother, but we are home safe.

So that was my summer antics plus hanging out with friends and going to the gym alot. Been working out with brian, and hanging out with him alot. Its been a summer full of friends and fun stuff. This has been the best summer of my life so far, and I even snagged the best girl in the world. If you havent noticed me and alex vanseters are going out, and its been the best experience ever. If you want something to fill up that something in your life, seek the love of the Lord to fill your life, and try to find that someone to share yourself with.

Well I have to go cause that girl friend of mine is coming over, and I gotta clean up :P haha. So watch for more posts about stuff you dont care about.

Hasta Lasagna, I got my eyes on ya!

No comments: