Saturday, September 02, 2006

Worst Job of all time gets better!

So as you or maybe just Benj and Alex have read I did post about western wats being the worst job of all time. Haggling people for their opinions, and getting yelled at by black men when i dont respond back to them right away. So this "Worst Job of all time gets better" title that I titled this post.

So my boss tells me that she needs to talk to me in her office, I am like uh-oh flash backs to the Guesthouse and Superstore coming back to me. So we walk to her office, she is asking me if I am nervous, and I am to tell you the truth. She is a nice boss, but still bosses always have to man the wheel and do the dirty work. So she is talking to me about her trip and such its nice and light, and she says she wants me to be a supervisor at western wats. I am in contention with 4 other people for 2 spots which is good, but she feels that I have a great chance.

If you hadnt know supervisor at the hell hole of Western Wats would mean watching over people, monitoring them, running projects all that fun stuff. This would be a good job for me I think cause I am so into all the people there, good reputation with most, and plus that looks hella good on a resume'. So this might turn my experience from western wats from a bad one into a semi bad one, with bits of fun and more responsibility. Plus the pay goes up a bit, and the responsibility is what I like. But still i need a career job something that can shoot me in the right direction. Like I said my two biggest ideas right now are electrician and x-ray tech.

I have yet to decide, but that decision between those 2 career paths really depends on whether i find a job soon for electrician. Alex helped me write up a resume, and so I am gonna apply on tuesday with resumes in hand, and ambition and nerves. Its real nerve racking, applying for jobs at places taht you know will probably reject you cause you are a first year apprentice. Even though they have been in the same place when they were my age. We all have to start somewhere why cant they see this, how I need an employer. But I will update you with everything that happens. Its going down on tuesday so anyone that has encouraging words, email them to ironman88_@hotmail.com.

Dont cry, we are all in this together

2 comments:

V_for_Vengeance said...

You rock Kyle.

your's truly said...

hey kyle, if u read this, it means i can post. it also means i figured out the problem. u dont alloq anonymous posts, u gotta have a user and password